Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ink Droplets...

Welcome to my blog on all things hospitality interior design. I am beginning a life-long journey with my husband, family, & friends by recently opening my own interior design business. Along with my best friend Beth and her amazing creative writing skills, I intend to impart tidbits of creative insight with regard to design as well as the lessons learned in beginning and developing a small business in tough economic times.


A little about me...
My interest in interior design began during an elective course while pursuing a college degree in particle physics with mathematics minor. I changed focus to study architecture and interior design, mixing art with logic. As a student, I accepted position of Worthy Architect (President) of the Rhoecus Chapter of Alpha Rho Chi Architecture Professional Fraternity.

Upon graduating from the University of Kansas’ School of Art and Design in 2004, I began my career with the design firm Design Poole, Inc. in Melbourne, FL as the resident AutoCAD guru. At Design Poole I worked on Wyndham Vacation Ownership’s flagship property, Bonnet Creek, as well as several other prominent properties such as Glacier Canyon Lodge, Desert Blue, La Cascada, Kona Village, and the Great Smoky Lodge. I achieved NCIDQ certification in April 2008, and we picked up a couple of ARDA awards along the way. I also worked for Monolith Hospitality in Alpharetta, GA as Senior Interior Designer for projects such as Hampton Inn Atlanta Airport and Courtyard Washington, DC Embassy Row. My expertise and projects have been featured in several industry publications including: Hotel and Motel Management magazine, Hotel Design magazine, and NEWH magazine. I bring an artistic spirit aligned with logic and strong technical knowledge to every project. I am currently a licensed interior designer in Georgia and Indiana.


Born and raised in Kansas City, my experience and inspiration comes from travels from Florida to California and back as well as abroad in Italy. I have three happy wiener dogs at home in Atlanta. My husband, Jerod, and I spend our free time about town and trying new restaurants. We love to travel, and often dream of fantastical trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment